Sunday, September 5, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different

I know what you're thinking. What's gotten into Bill? Where are all the babes? Right??
Well no need to worry, the usual bevy of cute females will return. But first, I must explain myself.
During my wife's youth in Japan, she and many young Japanese girls her age were obsessed with a boy band by the name of Hikaru Genji.

These are they.



And it was her birthday surprise, so there you go. I don't normally draw Japanese boy bands, but I have to admit it was a fun change of pace.

14 comments:

Mickey Quinn said...

Cute! I think its awesome that you really captured each individual.

Bobby Chiu said...

hehe... awesome!

Liana Hee said...

AWWWW BILL! You are so sweet! :D

XAV said...

Alala, 80s style :D

TREVOR Simonsen said...

I'd listen to these guys.

Ikupoo said...

Here you go honey, a link to their video. I even went to this concert in 1994!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMafUWnY68

I am so eternally grateful for my birthday present! Your caricature is dead on!!! You even put my favorite guy ( in green) in the center! Hooray!

Now for christmas, I'm already requesting ARASHI or MIURA HARUMA

bpresing said...

What have I gotten myself into I wonder.

Steph said...

PFFFFTTTT HAHAHAHA! I didn't know you did these for Iku! My God, pink headband guy is the best. Think you can do a pass on good ol' NKOTB, circa their 'Hangin' Tough' era? XD

See you this weekend ;)

seanmaximus said...

cool style!

STOVEPIPE.NET said...

Seven of them? Wow that's almost a marching boy band.

Qnoi said...

hi bill ...^^ this piece is GREAT!! did u draw n paint them in watercolor or digitally??

Gillian Comerford said...

hahahahaha a boyband on roller skates that's something!

jenefee mike said...

This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Please do keep up this great work... Berita Bola Jadwal Bola Prediksi Bola

lisa natalia said...

Berita bola terkini, live score sepak bola, dan informasi pertandingan liga eropa & INDONESIA terlengkap berita bola prediksi