Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Destination: France - Chapter 5

At last! My very own copy of Rex Steele in French! The quality is astounding, I couldn't be happier with it. I've always wanted to be published in France, where the standards in comic book art are truly set well above the rest. It's a joy for me to see it in the French format after all these years. I can only hope that it'll come close to standing up to the real BD on the shelves.


(The book comes complete with the animated short film by Alex Woo as well)







Thank you to all of you who picked up the book in France already, I really appreciate the support. Myself and fellow Pixar story artist Ted Mathot (Rose and Isabel) will be leaving for Paris and Angoulême next week for a book tour, I hope I get a chance to meet you all there.

On Tuesday January 22nd at 4:00 pm Ted and I will be signing our books at Album Bercy (46, Cour Saint-Émilion in PARIS)


Then Wednesday January 23rd at 3:00 pm We'll be at comic shop Bedelire in a place called Tours.


Thursday January 24th we arrive at Angoulême for the BD festival. We'll be at the Akileos table starting at 1:00 pm. We'll be there for the entire festival until Sunday the 27th.


Back to Paris on Tuesday January 29th at 4:00 pm for a signing at Album Comics (67, Boulevard Saint-Germain)


Then back home, hopefully with an in depth post about my trip.

Oh yes, In addition to the Rex Steele book, my book Belle du Jour will also be available on the tour for anyone interested.

19 comments:

Rodrigo Soldado said...

fantastic art. just love the storytelling and style you got there, i wish the best for the book, and hope there´s more to come.

Matt Jones said...

I'll be in Paris on the 29th-I'd love to pick up copy of Belle du Jour-what time will you be at ALBUM?

Bill Robinson said...

Wow, Bill - an international book tour! That's awesome. And the French edition looks beautiful. You goin to the sketchcrawl this weekend or are you gonna be in Paris?

Uncle Phil said...

congrats bill! This is super exciting.

btw, I met one of your former teachers from Kubert. Dave Klipstik (spelling)... we ride the train together. He just had twins, I'd thought you'd like to know.
cya!
p

bpresing said...

Matt j, I'll be at Album at 4:00 pm. I just updated the info on the post. I totally forgot to put the time,thanks for the heads up.

Bill, I'm afraid I'll not be making it to sketchcrawl. Just too much to do before the trip.

Phil, Thats great news about Dave! Wow I haven't talked to him in forever, glad to hear he's well.

GaryGepetto said...

Wow! Many congrats Bill. The book looks fantastic and undoubtedly will do very well on the shelves. Safe traveling!

kevin said...

hope you and ted have a great time in france... the book looks stunning! wish I had one for my shelf.

Jeremy said...

Tre cool Bill! The book looks beautiful in full color. I have no doubt it will be a hit. Do you have any plans of making this version available in the States?

Also, given your current jet-setter lifestyle I know how busy you must be but wanted to know if you had an idea of when you might be selling the remaining bookplated versions Belle du Jour. Cause I am all over that like butter on a crossiant!

Lovelace said...

Kudos! Rex DuJour looks fantastic!

Michael Dooney said...

the book looks fantastic. You will love Angouleme is is so different from our Con experience here. I went years ago and was really bowled over by how much the artists are revered and comics are everywhere in France. For americans it is odd to see ads on billboards and subways advertising comics but I saw that everywhere...have fun!

Craig Zablo said...

Congrats!

Mathieu Reynès said...

Rex Steel in french is great and the animation is very funny too !
I hope we'll meet in Angouleme where I'll be signing too.
Enjoy your trip in France ! ;)

Kei Acedera said...

This looks fantastic Bill! See you in Angouleme!

Juampa said...

Congratullations Bill!!!!

I wish to be there but i´m afraid that wouldn´t be possible.
Maybe another time!

Cheers!

Dave Dick said...

Looks beautiful! Congrats on the French book!

gemini82 said...

Congrats, Finally the French get a taste of Rex Steele (animated and in comic form) I remember finding the film by accident back in 05. What a wonderful Happy accident.

Samanta Erdini said...

wooooww!!!! that`s incredible!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I wanna be theree!! and buy some books! very goodd!!!!!

that`s amazing Bill!!!all the best for yaa

Muah
Sam

yosegaman said...

hi !!
I am the big fan of catgirls from france =^.^=
thank you again for your beautiful drawing !
http://yosegaman.blog.jeuxvideo.com/922312/rex-steele/

my scanner cannot render the colours like I want so I prefer to use my camera before
I try to configure correctly my scanner later ^^

Achde said...

Welcome in France and congratullations for this first album in french. I have appreciated your album of sketches, here I am going to buy it as soon as possible. It seems splendid. These yankees are so greeat!