So I had way too many panels for what I needed. The next step was to pare it down and tell the story more economically, and after a couple more passes these were the result:
Now that I've got a panel count I more or less liked, I decided to take it too the next phase. Page layouts. So here the goal is to take the panels I have, and arrange them into a balanced, pleasing comic book page. Sometimes changing the composition of a particular panel to something that works better for it's new panel shape.
The layouts on the right there were meant to be the finals, unfortunately it was not meant to be.